Tuesday, August 12, 2008

back at the ranch.....

We are having so much fun in Lund! This is definitely a little boy wonderland. Every day there is irrigation water to play in somewhere, a horse that is saddled and ready to ride, dogs and cats to play with, four-wheelers to ride, trampolines to jump on, and family to spoil the kids with treats and lots of play time......
Jordan always finds the water first. Here he is after spending time picking fresh veggies in the garden.
Sarah has been such a good baby for this whole trip. It makes it so nice to travel when you have a good natured little girl. She loves to be with every family member and she just enjoys the ride.


The kids run from the water to the trampoline (with a sprinkler underneath). I'm trying to enjoy just watching how happy they are without worrying about all the safety issues that come from being on the ranch. :)





The kids love swimming at "the spring". I grew up swimming here every day in the summer. It's freezing cold but it is so beautiful. The fish just swim around your toes and you can watch the water bubble up from the ground. The kids love to catch the fish and just enjoy a splash every day.



Our first day in Nevada was the big cattle drive of the year. We push the cattle through this 21 mile canyon to where there is good fresh feed and water on the other side of the mountain. The canyon is beautiful, but the work is so hard. When I say "we" push the cattle I mean "they" (my family) and we just watch. If you look close enough you can see the line of about 500 cattle in the bottom of the canyon. It's so cool to be here this time of year!





Some of the great grandkids with my grandma Ludean. We spend a lot of time up in her beautiful yard.


Tyler has a way with all the animals. This dog, Daisy, has become Tyler's best buddy.


Can't visit the ranch without lots of time on the horses...........


8 comments:

Laralee and Jake said...

Isn't so nice every picture you take in Lund has a great background! Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun. Wish we were there too!

Ward-a-Loo's said...

The ranch seems like a kids dream summer! Your kids are so dang lucky...Can I come?

Rob and Juliann said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast. I'm sure the boys are in HEAVEN!

Kim P. Edwards said...

Stephanie, you are going to think I am crazy, but I got all emotional looking at those pictures. Maybe because you always told us about Lund and I would try to imagine what it was like - the pictures are just beautiful. Your kids are seriously so lucky to have those experiences!

Olsen Clan said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad you are having a great time. We miss you and look forward to having you come home!

Ben and Lacy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I could have been there for a time with you all, but maybe another time. I am glad that you had and are having a wonderful time. Congrats to Tyler on his baptism.

Natalie said...

Steph- Looks like you guys had a really fun time in Utah! I hope your traveling on the way home went ok:) I know it can be a LONG one!

Unknown said...

Steph, Dad and I have been looking at the wonderful pictures. This blog is amazing. You've captured all the fun and beauty of the ranch. It's bitter sweet though because it reminds us that it's over for now and we'll have to wait two more years to get you all here again.We really made some memories this time and It's only going to get better!!!
Thank you for sharing your very special family with us.
We love you all.
Mom and Dad