I had it all together on Tuesday morning.
3 Homework folders placed in backpacks the night before (!).
3 Jackets in 3 backpacks.
Walk-a-Thon Money due. One envelope in each backpack.
3 backpacks zipped and ready to go!
AWESOME! Time to go. Prayers and out the door. Pause. Sarah has a stinky diaper. Start to change diaper.
"Mom, can we put out jackets on now?" Unzip backpacks. 3 jackets on.
Sarah's cleaned up. Get in the car.
3 Homework folders placed in backpacks the night before (!).
3 Jackets in 3 backpacks.
Walk-a-Thon Money due. One envelope in each backpack.
3 backpacks zipped and ready to go!
AWESOME! Time to go. Prayers and out the door. Pause. Sarah has a stinky diaper. Start to change diaper.
"Mom, can we put out jackets on now?" Unzip backpacks. 3 jackets on.
Sarah's cleaned up. Get in the car.
Drive up to school. "Where are your jackets." "Oh. We took them off because it got hot in the house." No jackets.
Kids jump out of the car in long drop off line. "Have a good day, guys!" Doors shut.
Notice Jordan running into school. Backpack upside down and unzipped. Homework folder slides out on to the ground. I try to roll down the window but push the lock button instead. So I honk and wave to get his attention. Offend person in front of me for honking (she throws her arms up and shrugs shoulders at me). Offend person behind me (not moving forward fast enough). Jordan doesn't even turn his head. Off to class w/o his homework.
Return home to make Sarah breakfast only to find Tyler's homework sitting on the counter. OH! I get it! I said put your FOLDER in your backpack before dinner the night before. But he missed put your HOMEWORK in your FOLDER. I knew I shouldn't let myself feel like an awesome mom just 15 minutes earlier.
Pick up kids after school. Check backpacks. Reminder from teacher. PLEASE remember your children's jackets. The temperatures are CHILLY in the morning. Thanks.
Reminder from Jordan's teacher. Please remember your homework. Check lost and found for Jordan's homework. Found it! Someone had picked it up off the ground--hand it in tomorrow.
Reminder from Tyler's teacher: You will have to stay in for recess if you forget your homework, again.
Carter! No reprimands from Carter's teacher! I KNOW he remembered his homework. But wait. No! "PLEASE remember Walk-A-Thon money tomorrow. It is past due." In the bottom of his backpack was the money. "Oops. Sorry mom."
I know none of this is about me. Kids should be responsible for their own stuff, right. RIGHT? WRONG! For all 3 moms who read this blog we all know it feels like a reflection on us. Luckily, by the end of the day I was laughing at this stuff. But, it's so hard on the days you REALLY DO have it together to realize you REALLY don't! So, here's to living life happily regardless of appearing to have it together!!


16 comments:
Oh steph! If you can't 'get it together" there's no hope for the rest of us!
ha! what a morning! Well, I think you're an amazing Mom. If those teachers only knew....
Josh just asked why I was laughing so hard.....that is the best Steph, and WAY too true. My favorite part was remembering to tell them to get the folder in the backpack but not telling them to put their homework in the folder!!! You are an amazing mom who just made my day with this post...I think I'm going to be cracking up all night:)
Excellent! Wish I could say it doesn't happen to every mom!
Your kids are so stinking CUTE!!! I can't wait to see you guys some time. Are you headed to Nevada for Christmas? I hope that things are going good for you.
Yeah!! So loving that your blogging days are back :) Steph, oh my gosh! I absolutely loved your post on Happiness and the talk that you heard, totally copying and pasting that baby. I love that cute pic of the boys!
It is a good thing your boys have a mom like you, who is so amazing, I loved reading about your day.
Awesome!
The one day that I didn't go through Madeline's backpack was the day she got a notice that the next day was early out day.
Thankful for my neighbor for bringing her home for me.
It always works out right?
Thank you, thank you, thank you for telling OUR story (only funnier, since it was you not us)
Signed,
Quite a few more than 3 moms
Thanks for the comments. Love the recent pictures. Is that your back yard? That is an awesome back yard.
Yes, I think Laralee did teach Hannah that dance. Laralee would do something like that. :) I was too scared to cook the salmon and have it taste good. So yes he did cook for his birthday. I don't think he would have let me do it any way. He was pretty excited about cooking it up. Thanks again.
Sounds like you are a busy mom. What fun that must be and it sounds like those boys keep you on your toes. So fun. :)
It's a great life, isn't it!! Such a delightful story. So real. So well told. These things happen, and then there is tomorrow.
Ok, I LOVE this post! Made me feel sooo much better as a mother :)
Oh, that was funny! Misty was right, there are way more than "3 Moms" who read your blog and we like knowing that we are not alone in the craziness called motherhood.
Love it!! That describes us perfectly!! I love the backpack upside down moment!
Love it!! That describes us perfectly!! I love the backpack upside down moment!
Great story! From start to finish, it's the crazy, true essence of mom life, and writing it down is a real treasure. The real joy for me is that you are loving it all so much!
Post a Comment