
Fall has always been my favorite season--colors, new beginnings at school, football games, crisp, cool air--the list could go on. And it just doesn't get better than autumn in New England. I especially like the bright yellow, bright orange, and dark red leaves. The deep brown velvety looking chocolatey leaves became my new favorite this year. The road we drive on to and from school has picture perfect masterpieces around every corner. The sun shining through the trees, rain dampening the leaves to show deeper and brighter colors, and ponds with glassy tops to reflect perfectly the colorful trees that surround them. I always tell the boys as we're driving home from school, "I feel like we're living in heaven". Then I realize that all the seasons here in New Hampshire are beautiful. Fall just makes me so happy.
Fall also means General Conference. A weekend to remove ourselves from our busy lives and enjoy the Spirit of listening to our prophet and other church leaders speak to us. We had a wonderful weekend and I wish it didn't have to end.
Of course, fall also means soccer. Here's Jordan and Jason at their early morning practice. They have such a great time!
I just had to post this. The sponsor for Jordan's team is "The Ranch" - a doggie day care. I think "The Ranch" on average is probably busier than a lot of the kiddie day care businesses around here. I've heard it's a great place. The sign says "hotel and spa". Yeah, just what every dog needs. We drive by it every day and I can't believe I feel jealousy for any dog getting a hotel/spa treatment that day!
Tyler sporting his big, blue mouth guard. Those things crack me up. I like that the kids like soccer. They really have so much fun (Check out the scuffed up knees).
Sarah and Carter are so good on the sidelines. They definitely find their own forms of entertainment. Noah always plays with Carter when he's around. Sarah just sits and smiles, eat leaves, and claps whenever anyone else claps. She likes being outside all morning, too.
Front yard soccer is actually the very best. Sometimes I just sit on the porch and smile as the kids laugh, run, kick, argue, cry, laugh, kick, kick, run, fall, cry, fall, laugh, trip, run, kick, trip, argue..... It's hard to call them in for dinner even though it's getting dark. Soccer with dad is still better than soccer with friends. I like it that way!!

6 comments:
I love fall too. It has always been my favorite season. I like the quote, can I use it?
She's holding herself up already?? wow....
K that one of Sarah makes me MELT! She's so sweet. I love the quote about fall apologizing for winter. Awesome!
I love it too! Your pictures are great--totally capture the season. I love the crispness of October.
Fall is the reason we moved to NH in the first place. I really think it makes all the other seasons bearable; though Nathan really loves the winters. This year it just seems I can't get enough of that wonderful crisp air and the delicious squashes.
I love all your thoughts on fall. Your family is just so beautiful - I enjoy seeing every picture.
Post a Comment