Most of our summer was spent in pool water..which, of course, is wonderful and refreshing.
But nothing. Nothing compares to the ocean. On Tuesday we headed to the beach for our summer finale trip.
We arrived late in the afternoon. Just in time for red flag waves! It was seriously time to stay close to the shore. Curiosity and temptation helped them sneak a little further out but deep and high blue waves stopped them dead in their tracks.
So we spent a little time doing this.......
And this.....
After about an hour the waves calmed just enough for some (sort of) safe play time.
I'm still cleaning up sand today. She loves, loves, loves to play in the sand (or dirt).
It was even fun when the sun started to set. The reflections were so amazing.
Skipping stones....
Strolling on the cool beach.
One last ray of sun and it was time to go when the moon started to shine!







7 comments:
Beautiful pictures Stephanie. What a fun trip to the beach. You're kids are growing and you are a fantastic mother for recording all of this.
You took great pics steph! Don't you just love your new camera! It looks like Sarah is getting some hair and it looks like you all had so much fun! BTW I love the new pic of the kids on top, so great!
These pictures are great!
Wow. Great pictures. I love them. It looks like you guys had so much fun at the beach. That would be a fun trip. Summer ending is a sad thing. School is good, but... to bad it takes the kids away. I am going through this for the first time this year. Yikes!!
This is a great post. I love the pictures. Good enough for a book or calendar. But then you have such great subjects in all of them. Oh, there's nothing like the beach; the smell, the sounds of the waves, the sand all gooey in your toes. I love it, and miss it. The reflection pictures are so cool. Can't wait to come and wish we could take a trip to the beach, just one more time. I really miss you guys. Hope to see you real soon.
Your pictures are really so gorgeous!!! I love it when there is a picture of you in there as well. (Your hair looks so cute!) I hope your kids are loving school.
great pics steph, you little photographer you! i especially love the sideways shot on the beach. i've heard the water in the atlantic has been especially warm this year, how nice!! speaking of pics, i love, love the new pic of your kids in white, so beautiful!
Post a Comment