Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Week Down

First Day of School 2009--Tyler (4th Grade), Jordan (2nd Grade), Carter (Kindergarten), Sarah (cute and smiley despite being woken up extra early!)

Can't beleive my Baby Carter is in school. According to him he is the "smartest kid in the class." How do you know that? "I just do. It's just the way it is." Oooookay. Self-esteem is important, right?

You just wonder where all the time goes.

We've had one week of school and only one note from the teacher ("Jordan needs more food in his lunch.") and one shirt worn wrong side out (Carter getting up at 5:00, showering, getting dressed, and putting on his pullover before I could see what was going on.) Let me tell ya...I'm feeling like mother of the year most of the time these days!

But! The kids love school--their teachers, their classes, and their friends. I find great peace in all of this regardless of the few minor mishaps. The boys are happy.

And I'm happy at home with my little Sarah. Ever since school started she is a little off schedule so she takes a morning nap. And, yes, I take that nap with her. It's been so nice to cuddle for a few hours. When we wake up we do all the jobs together and she loves it. I dreaded the day when school would start. But now, I'm actually enjoying a little time with my baby girl!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Ward said...

Sarah is so cute without hair.
My little girl didn't have any hair till she was 3. She still does not have much.

I'm sure Sarah will get hair sooner than that :)

Laralee and Jake said...

It is nice to have a little one on one time with kids. Now that Hannah goes to kindergarten in the afternoon, which is during Brooklyn's nap time, it is just me and William, and it is a lot of fun. I think it is good for both of us.

Karen said...

I love the one-on-one time with Conner too. It seems they don't stay that little long enough. I bet it's very different having her all to yourself than it was having the boys. BTW, the pics are great and SO adorable!

Michelle said...

Okay, seriously, a morning nap??? That is too cool for words!! Good for you! I just put Brin in afternoon preschool so we could enjoy our mornings after putting the boys on the bus. I haven't talked to you in the longest time!! We'll have to catch up this week. We love you guys!

wendy said...

What a draling group of kids! I love the classic first day of school picture. I don't think my mom ever missed a year. Now she only has two kids to herd to the front porch!
I don't know how you guys are getting to Idaho, but if you happen to drive through Iowa- we'd love to see you! :)

Kemp Family said...

What great photos. I love the first day of school. I knew you would love the alone time with Sarah. She is adorable. Can't wait to see you.