Saturday, July 5, 2008

Strawberries!!

We went strawberry picking this week. It was perfect weather and the patch was full of big, ripe, juicy strawberries. We had a blast. Jordan is my master berry-picker. He just puts his head down and doesn't look up until his basket is full. Tyler walked around with Sarah and put her to sleep and Carter enjoyed the time with friends. We had a wonderful morning in the strawberry patch!!

Then comes the part that nobody really likes--making jam. But, I'm grateful the boys helped out with stirring and keeping Sarah happy. It is always so nice to have fresh, yummy jam throughout the winter. (Look at these happy faces....)

4 comments:

Kammy T said...

I have so many memories of picking strawberries as a kid. Good for you for taking your kiddos! Great pictures, and nothing beats homemade jam!! YUM.

Rob and Juliann said...

I do love that one in the middle SO much! Sarah looks drugged!

Ben and Lacy said...

Yum I love strawberry jam. In fact I just had some on my toast for breakfast. That looked like a fun day. I also agree that holidays never last long enough. It looks like you had a good one though.

Jaime said...

YUM! Cute pics Steph!